- Purchase USB console cable
- In Windows, plug in cable, search for Device Manager, then click on “Update Driver” on any Serial port items that show warnings. The internet found and installed working drivers for me.
- Optionally download the manual for the switch. OfficeConnect 3CDSG8 Manual
- Download and Install PuTTY
- Create a serial connection with the following settings, BAUD 38,400/8 bit/no parity/1 stop bit/no hardware flow control
- Log on to the switch as admin and refer to the screenshot below to disable DHCP and configure a static IP address.
Next ping the new IP address, and attempt to connect using a web browser.
Log in using the same admin and password as with the console.