- Get the latest WordPress tar.gz file.
- Unpack it on your computer
- Deactivate plugins on your wordpress site.
- Using filezilla, rename the old
wp-admindirectories on your web host.
- Using filezilla, upload the new
wp-admindirectories to your web host, in place of the previously renamed directories.
- Upload the individual files from the new
wp-contentfolder to your existing
wp-contentfolder, overwriting existing files. Do NOT delete your existing
wp-contentfolder. Do NOT delete any files or folders in your existing
wp-contentdirectory (except for the one being overwritten by new files).
- Upload all new loose files from the root directory of the new version to your existing wordpress root directory.
- Reconnect to admin page. If a database update is required it’ll automatically notify you.
- Reactivate all plugins.
- Any problems, restore easyspace backups from control panel.